The 2019 EuroVolley Women will be one more time history-making. Serbia have a chance to defend the European champion title for the first time ever, once hosting team Turkey stand on the very precipice of winning their maiden European gold. These teams met already at this edition of EuroVolley in pool stage, then Serbia won 3-1. With the trophy at stake and with full house of passionate 12,000 fans we can expect a nail-biting grande finale.
Ebrar Karakurt arrives to venue
Pre-match interview with Brankica Mihajlovic
Eda Erdem Dundar strikes a pose
First RefereeAgnieszka MICHLICPOLSecond RefereeIlaria VAGNIITA
The Ankara Spor Salonu is an indoor sporting hall that is located in Ankara, Turkey that opened in April 2010. The seating capacity of the hall is 10,400 spectators. Built for the 2010 FIBA World Championship, the new venue replaced the nearby Ankara Atatürk Sport Hall as the home of Turkish Basketball League clubs, Hacettepe Üniversitesi, Türk Telekom Basketbol, and Optimum TED Ankara Kolejliler. In 2015, the hall hosted the FIVB U23 Girls Youth World Championship, along with the Baskent Voll Capacity: 10400
- How To Attend
· Serbia (incl. predecessors) and Turkey will meet for the ninth time at the European championships. Turkey won twice, Serbia won six times.
· Serbia and Turkey played semi-final matches in 2011 (3-2 Serbia win) and 2017 (3-0 Serbia win) and a bronze medal match in 2015 (3-0 Serbia win).
· Turkey and Serbia also met in the group stages in this tournament, with Serbia winning 3-1.
· Five of the eight matches between Serbia and Turkey at European championships have ended in straight sets (Serbia W4-L1).
· Turkey beat Serbia 3-0 in the Nations League this summer.
· Reigning champions Serbia won their semifinal 3-1 against Italy. They are the only unbeaten side in the tournament.
· Serbia have now won 15 European championship matches since a semifinal defeat against Russia in 2015.
· Serbia have lost only six sets in their last 15 European championship matches, and never more than one in a single match in that span.
· Tijana Boškovic was Serbia's top scorer in the semifinal against Italy, scoring 22 points.
· Teodora Pusic (53%) and Silvija Popovic (50%) are the only receivers in the 2019 European championship on an efficiency percentage of 50 or higher.
· Turkey won their semi-final match 3-1 at Poland. They have won seven of their eight matches in this tournament, with the 3-1 against Serbia in the pool phase being the only exception.
· Since 2013, Turkey have ever improved in European championships: quarterfinal in 2013, lost bronze medal match in 2015, bronze medal in 2017 and now the final in 2019.
· Turkey have lost two of their last 13 European championship matches, both against Serbia (2017 semi-finals, 2019 pool phase).
· Eda Erdem Dündar (19), Hande Baladin (16) and Kübra Akman (12) reached double figures for Turkey in the semifinal against Poland.
· Eda Erdem Dündar had five stuff blocks against Poland, as many as the whole Polish team combined.
- All Time